Have you noticed it's starting to get darker earlier? (Sigh.) And so it goes, along with the waning days of summer.
That said, we're not ready to pack it in for the year just yet. In fact, there's still plenty of porch-and-patio time to experience straight through October, provided you have good outdoor lighting for those late afternoons and evenings you spend lingering in the great outdoors.
Of course, good outdoor lighting is important year-round. It can…
- Provide added safety—think lighted walkways and stairs
- Offer added security—think lights that work on a timer or that have sensors
- Dress up the exterior of your home (i.e. "curb appeal")
- Produce the right ambiance for outdoor events and special occasions, such as BBQs, birthday parties, romantic dinners on the backyard deck, and so forth
- Allow you to bring your unique design aesthetic and POV to the outside of your home
- Create added effects for things like pools and fountains
Now is a great time to think about your outdoor lighting fixtures, meaning your wall lights, pole mounted lights, and outdoor pendants, which serve as the “jewelry of the home."
Below, you'll find several of our favorites from one of the leaders in the industry: Modern Forms. These LED fixtures are fantastic modern pieces that add glamour and are easy to use/install.
1. Phantom Sconce. Note the Phantom's "shallow depth and clean architectural look." This LED outdoor lighting fixture is built to last and will provide instant curb appeal. And it works for waterside locations as well, thanks to the fact it's completely sealed. The Phantom Sconce is on display in our Waltham and Allston showrooms.
2. Forq. The Modern Forms website says this outdoor lighting fixture conjures an "iconic tuning fork" in sculpted form. The Forq has been designed to maximize light output while adding a lovely accent to your wall surfaces. Check it out for yourself in our Allston lighting showroom.
3. Balthus. Consider this outdoor fixture a modern take on the classic wall lantern. The mouth blown hammered glass casts beautifully refracted light on the wall. This fixture is Dark Sky Friendly, wet location listed, and has dimming capabilities as well. See it in person in Allston and Waltham.
Need help coming up with an outdoor lighting plan? Our expert lighting consultants are happy to assist.