We like to keep up with the latest lighting trends, and the ones below show no signs of slowing down.
1. Meet us at the intersection of 1960 and 2017. Channel your inner hippie and get ready to fall in love with funky orbs and sputnik-style chandeliers that include mixed metals and artisanal glass for a fresh look. The Mara Pendant from Tech Lighting (above) is a great example of this trend. See it in Aged Brass in our Waltham showroom.
2. Get your sparkle on. Crystal accents continue to trend. We're seeing these fun sparkly accents in unexpected places or in conjunction with more streamlined, contemporary silhouettes.
The Soros Chandelier from Murray Feiss plays up this trend to fabulous effect. It features disk-shaped crystals suspended within an intricate metalwork shade in a Burnished Silver finish. See it in our Allston showroom.
3. Warm metals for the win. Soft gold and aged brass are still quite popular. We love aged brass's warm tones, which have character and add sparkle to any room. Soft gold, also known as pale gold, always provides a touch of glamour. Quoizel's Lakeside four-light fixture is a great example. The combination of water glass and soft gold finish will add understated glam to a foyer or kitchen. We keep it stocked in our Waltham showroom.
4. Say hello to updated vintage-type fixtures. A versatile category of fixture, these can look at home in traditional settings as well as more contemporary décor. A good example is the Randolph pendant from Hudson Valley, which is on display and stocked in Waltham in Satin Nickel. We also keep it stocked in Allston in Aged Brass.
5. Get nostalgic. Nostalgia lamps continue to trend with their soft orange light output. Nostalgia style bulbs with LED "filaments" continue to grow in popularity as well. Bulbrite's 40w ST18 Hairpin Filament lamp shown above is an incandescent version that looks great. We keep this stocked in both Waltham and Allston. Try it in clear-glass fixtures where regular bulbs might cast too much glare.
6. Go bold with a statement piece. Many customers are going bold with their lighting selections and putting as much thought into the pieces they choose as they would a piece of art. We, of course, love this development. Here's an excellent statement piece: Hubbardton Forge's Quill Pendant. We show it in both showrooms in Vintage Platinum finish.
With two award-winning showrooms, we are proud of our lighting selections. Our lighting specialists would be happy to assist in finding the perfect fixture for your space. Take a virtual tour of our showrooms and plan your visit.