We're thrilled to announce that we have electronic shades displays in our Waltham (shown above) and Allston lighting showrooms.
Earlier this year, we merged with System 7 and The Boston Shade Company, and we couldn't wait to get motorized shades into both showrooms. We're committed to being a "one stop shop" for all of your lighting and lighting control needs. And these displays go a long way in helping us achieve that goal.
When you walk into our Waltham and Allston stores, you'll still see all of our incredible lighting fixtures and lighting labs…but you'll also be able to see our shades in action as well. Here's a sneak peek…
Motorized shades have many benefits:
- You can program your shades with the touch of a button or via an app on your phone or tablet. (This is especially helpful for hard-to-reach spaces...you won't have to "fight" the physical shades, thanks to the wireless technology.)
- Shades can let light in, but not allow neighbors to see in. How cool is that?
- Energy efficiency. Program your shades to open and close at key times throughout the day to block out the hot sun in the summer—or to allow more of those rays in during the cold winter months.
- Increased lighting control. Think of your shades as the perfect accompaniment to your existing ambient, task, and accent lighting. They all have roles and work in harmony (just like an orchestra). Motorized shades are responsible for letting in natural light.
What can you expect from our electronic shades displays? We're showing several varieties of shades:
- Blackout. Just as the name suggests, these shades block all light.
- Solar and sheer fabrics. Think different fabrics that allow sunlight in varying degrees. You can choose from tighter and looser weaves.
- Decorative. Get all the benefits we listed above, but choose a shade that extends your design aesthetic further.
- Privacy. Shades that let in light, but not nosy neighbors' curious eyes? Yep, we can help with that.
- Opaque. Not complete blackout…another look/style that can work quite well, depending on your needs.
Interested in learning more? Stop by either of our convenient lighting showrooms or The Boston Shade Company's showroom in the Design Center to experience the wonders of electronic shades firsthand.