Let's face it: when it comes to home décor, nautical and coastal themes are no surprise in New England, especially this time of year.
While this theme might conjure "kitsch" in some people's minds—think lighthouse wallpaper, driftwood sculptures, and jelly-jar lights—we're here to tell you that it doesn't have to be this way, especially when it comes to light fixtures.
You could say the tides have shifted (yeah, we went there) when it comes to coastal lighting trends. Here's a roundup of fixtures that give off an ocean vibe with elegance and grace.
1. Arteriors "Rook" Pendant. We're big fans of Arteriors, and this pendant is definitely one of our favorite pieces, thanks to the wavy weathered wood layered delicately around a single filament lamp. This light exudes warmth and elegance.
2. Hinkley Lighting's Hardy Island Pathlight. The name says it all: this path light cast in brass is perfect for coastal environments with its lifetime finish warrantee.
3. Quoizel's New England Collection 3-Light Chandelier. Inspired by the lights found in the magnificent ocean liners of the 1920s and 1930s, this fixture is all about sophistication.
4. Visual Comfort's Hampton Chandelier in Plaster White. While the leaves of this pendant conjure greenery, the all-white finish seriously channels that coastal vibe. See it in our Allston showroom.
5. Hinkley Lighting's Freeport Pendant. Another favorite from Hinkley, this fixture is about as New England as you can get. But the clear seedy glass ups the chic factor big time.
Looking for the perfect coastal light fixture for your home? Our lighting experts can help. Stop by one of our showrooms or make an appointment.