For your new year's resolutions, did you decide to tackle your bathroom or (finally) remodel your kitchen in 2018? Need some motivation? Consider the following:
- Renovations can increase the value of your home, which is a good thing, especially if you plan to sell in the next few years.
- Renovations can make life easier and improve day-to-day activities around the home.
- Renovations can come in all sizes and fit a variety of budgets. Even a quick paint job, change of window dressings, or new light fixture can transform and revitalize a room.
Whatever you're considering for 2018, Wolfers Lighting, System7, and The Boston Shade Company can help with certain aspects of your renovation, specifically lights, lighting controls, and smart home technology.
Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind as you plan.
- Get a handle on your project's scope. How much do you want to accomplish? Are you hoping to simply "refresh" the kitchen and bathroom with new cabinets and lights? Or are you hoping to completely gut the space and start over?
- Know your budget and timeline—and make sure both are realistic. Start with a wish list