We're proud to offer our customers wireless lighting controls by Lutron. In fact, Lutron has declared both Wolfers locations to be 5-star showrooms, meaning we have more training and display capabilities than the majority of other lighting showrooms in the country. Lutron handpicks a selected number of 5-star lighting locations throughout the U.S. and Canada each year.
Hear what one of our long-time lighting consultants, Joe Power, has to say about the wonders of wireless lighting control and how it will make your home life so much easier.
Lutron Radio RA 2: A Wireless Lighting Control System That Does So Much More
Lutron's Radio RA 2 system offers you total home control, which, in addition to controlling lighting, allows you to adjust temperature, the power used by appliances, and even daylight (through the opening and closing of electronic shades).
Being in control of how and when you light your home offers many exciting benefits.
1. Say hello to convenience. Through the touch of a button or two, you can instantly adjust the lighting. You can also program your lighting from room to room, so that it goes on or off at certain times. And you don't even need to be in your home to make this happen, thanks to your smartphone or tablet. Think about it: No more coming home to a dark house. No more wondering if the kids left the lights on in their rooms. You get the idea.
2. Save energy. Today's sophisticated light dimming systems enable you to lower a room’s light level in an effort to conserve energy and increase the life of the bulb. Lutron notes, "Dimming a standard halogen or incandescent light bulb by 25% saves 20% lighting energy. Dim more and you'll save even more. Sensors and a timeclock also help save energy by turning off lights when they are not needed."
3. Easily create the right ambiance for any occasion. "Mood" lighting is all the rage. Create a warm and cozy feel for your lazy Sunday mornings when you're reading the paper. Infuse your entertainment area with just the right amount of light to get the party started and the conversation lively. Make sure the lighting is just so as you read your recipe book and cook up a storm in your kitchen.
4. Say goodbye to wall dimmers and switchers. You'll be able to lose the banks of dimmers or switchers you currently have. Instead, one wall-mounted keypad controls everything throughout your home. In addition to being functional, this also improves the overall look of your rooms.
5. Adapt everything at once, or start slow—the choice is yours. Home control is an incredibly adaptable technology. There's plenty of "head room," so if you're not ready to do your whole home, you can start with one room, and go from there. Lutron Radio RA 2 is wireless, which means it doesn't require extensive electrical work, making it ideal for existing homes as well as new construction.
Are you interested in learning more about wireless lighting control for your home? Stop by one of our showrooms or make an appointment.